Quickstart: 3D Frogger
Getting started programming your first 3D game is free and easy
- create 3D shapes
- create 3D worlds
- program your worlds
- share your game as a full screen web app, have your friends play your game on their mobile devices!
Start programming your first game in less than an hour
Why AgentCubes Online?
What do kids learn from playing computer games?
Kids today can pick up just about any device or game and start playing or consuming immediately. They get very engaged, and we wonder – why can’t we take that motivation into learning? Well, now we can! Allowing our kids to be producers of new technology (games, apps) teaches them creative problem solving skills, logic, and programming. Real skills that help them succeed at whatever they do in life. Making a game teaches how computer games really work through incredibly fun and deeply engaging activities. Kids love it!
How does AgentCubes Online Work? We balance challenge and mastery
AgentCubes Online is a programming environment that gets you started immediately with our intuitive, visual, built-in programming tools. Guided by tutorials when needed, kids create characters and worlds and program their behaviors with a drag and drop interface. We have curricula to program a Frogger™ game in just ONE hour independently and our classroom curricula are for one- or two-week modules.
Motivation is built In! 3D for everyone!
We don’t separate learning and doing. Kids can get started right away creating their 3D characters! With the patented Inflatable Icons tool, simply draw them in 2D, and then inflate them to 3D with the press of a button. AgentCubes Visual Agent Talk language allows students to visually program their game components immediately, and our patented Conversational Programming makes correcting logic errors easy! AgentCubes has been proven to be engaging and inspirational to kids, and not just those in computer club. It’s easy to begin and there are no limits, so kids don’t grow out of it. AgentCubes is complex enough for advanced simulation modelers, graduate students & even NASA scientists!
Results (we take education seriously)
Exceed the standards
We don’t believe in just meeting standards when it comes to our kids! AgentSheets, Inc. products are designed to exceed educational standards. Our products have been proven to meet and exceed skill mastery outlined in NETS, FITs, Common Core, and even the new Emerging Science Standards.
How it Works - Curriculum
- Introduces students to computational thinking patterns through game design and then leverages these skills to have them create STEM simulations aligned with the Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
- The Frogger activity has been tested with over 10,000 subjects as part of several large NSF (ITEST Strategy, CE21, ITEST Scale Up) funded studies in inner-city, remote rural, and Native American settings. Most students are middle school students, some students were elementary school students. The majority of students were able to create complete games with no background in programming.
- Scalable Game Design even works for very young (elementary school) students (see WIRED Magazine article)
- AgentSheets, AgentCubes, and AgentCubes Online have been funded by the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes for Health.